[Peace] Our visual anti-war messages are important!

Meridith Kruse bmmk at soltec.net
Sat Jan 4 18:32:06 CST 2003

Hi all-

Whether you're out protesting on Prospect, wearing an anti-war button, or
have anti-war stickers
all over your car... don't underestimate the importance of keeping our
anti-war message
visually prominent... people are paying attention!  (hopefully they will not
tow your car or slash your tires!)

I wanted to convey this brief message after a conversation I had today with
a car salesman at Saturn... I
was on my way to Prospect today when my alternator went out.  I spent the
next four hours
at the repair shop and was approached by a salesman who described himself as
a "staunch republican"
demanding to know why I had an anti-war button on...

He also wanted to know if I was part of that group that protests out on
Prospect...

It was an interesting conversation - he got most of his information from
Limbaugh and Fox News - so
it was easy to bring up many "new" facts and perspectives he hadn't thought
about...

While he started out with a strong aversion to an anti-war stance, by the
end of our talk he was
expressing his concern about the US trying to create an Empire and fear that
domestic issues
are being sidetracked as we overextend ourselves in war...

Anyway - more people than we know are paying attention -

Our public anti-war presence is important!

Thanks to all who have been out on Prospect... I will be there next week!

Meridith