[Peace] Prospect for Peace

Durl Kruse durljan at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 4 22:32:34 CST 2003

Dear Fellow Snow-Persons for
Peace:

Having been at the Peace
Protest today on Prospect I was surprised at the
Channel 3 news media coverage at 10:00 PM. The "story" was  about 10
seconds on how someone from our group was supposed to have stepped into
traffic and this resulted in a police officer's presence being required.  I
felt the story was lacking in any real information or the truth, especially
about why we were even out there.  I called Channel 3 tonight a few
minutes after the story to request an additional story that was based on
interviews of the participants and  not based on what a cameraman thought
had happened and what the "trained professional" newscasters put into their
version of the story. I spoke directly to the very cameraman that filmed us
today! He said that Channel 3 has covered us on a number of occasions and
more interviews were not needed.  I told him I wished he had at least
interviewed someone in the group or had even gotten another
perspective compared to the version that appeared on the news
tonight.  Call 373-3650 if you want to voice an opinion about the
sorry coverage our group was given on channel 3
tonight!

Jan Kruse