[Peace] Re: [Imc-info] Uni High student newspaper

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Mon Jan 13 22:25:18 CST 2003

Hi Elaine,

This is a very active peace coalition in town called AWARE - the Anti-War
Anti-Racism Effort - which has been holding demonstrations, hosting
teach-ins, creating art shows and more for over a year now.

I am ccing their list on this message so that someone can get in touch
with you.  You can also e-mail Ricky Baldwin from the group at
baldwinricky at hotmail.com.

AWARE members represent many of the peace organizations in town including
Student Peace Action (a U of I group), the Peace Churches (Quakers,
Unitarians, etc), the Progressive Resource and Action Cooperative, the
School for Designing a Society and others.

AWARE has open meeting every Sunday from 5-6:30 PM at the IMC located in
downtown Urbana at 218 W. Main Street.

Perhaps you could contact Ricky beforehand to tell him you're coming, then
sit through a meeting to see what's up, then do some interviews with
multiple people afterward.

Thanks for the interest.  When you're done with the article, the IMC would
love to have you post it to our website at www.ucimc.org.  Just click on
publish (upper right corner) and fill out the form.  We get lots of local
and national traffic so your story could have an audience outside of the
High School.

thanks,

Danielle Chynoweth