[Peace] Leafleting on Prospect

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 17 18:32:19 CST 2003

Kim and I had a second meeting today with the City's Attorney and a
Police Officer.  The first meeting also included Ricky and Jeff.  We
now have written permission to leaflet in the street on the passenger
side of the far right lane only when the light is red.  The Attorney
is going to write a longer letter in the near future.  The two
meetings were  amicable.  We had put forward a proposal to leaflet
in all lanes, but after discussion they decided they would not allow
this because of safety reasons.  I don't think we will do better than
what we got, and Kim and I advocate accepting these rules.  We have
got the basic right that we need to get our message out.

Kim will not be at the Sunday AWARE meeting.  I am going to leaflet
at the MLK event and will be late.  However, I will bring the letter
with me there and also to the protest tomorrow.
--

Al Kagan
Africana Unit, Room 328

tel. 217-333-6519