[Peace] Invitation for AWARE to Co-sponsor...

Meridith Kruse bmmk at soltec.net
Mon Jan 20 16:48:49 CST 2003

Hi everyone,

I am forwarding this message from Brooke Anderson of PRC...

I will let her know that we'll bring it up next Sunday, and approve

of it within a week's time.

More soon, Meridith

-------

Dear Meridith,

Could you please pass this along to AWARE? I am writing to you on

behalf of the Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative (PRC) to invite

AWARE to co-sponsor an upcoming rally in opposition to the impending

war against Iraq.

The PRC is planning an Emergency Response Rally to Oppose War Against

Iraq for 12 noon the day after the war begins. The rally will be on

the south patio of the Student Union on the University of Illinois

Quad. Speakers will include activists from various local

organizations, faculty with expertise in U.S. foreign policy,

veterans, and others.

We hope that this rally will give voice to the growing opposition to

a war against Iraq, educate the local community about the horror of

war, and demonstrate to local representatives that our community

stands in solidarity against militarism abroad. We believe that the

more diverse organizations and communities that join the anti-war

voices, the more effective we will be in conveying our message to the

public and to our government.

We are asking that co-sponsoring organizations allow us to add the

name of your organization to the list of organizations supporting the

rally, publicize the event to your membership (pass out fliers,

forward email announcements), and try to have as many members as

possible attend the actual event. We are not requiring that

co-sponsoring organizations donate money, however we would gladly

accept contributions to help cover the costs of organizing this event.

I hope you will bring this request before your organization's

membership. If you would like to have a PRC representative attend one

of your meetings to speak about war against Iraq or to answer

questions about this upcoming event, please let us know. We hope

that you will co-sponsor! To co-sponsor, please email me back with

the following information:

Name of organization:

Name of contact person:

Daytime and evening phone of contact person:

Contribution (optional):

Lastly, if your organization does not wish to co-sponsor the event,

but would like to be notified by phone tree of the rally specifics

once the war has begun, please let me know.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please

don't hesitate to contact me at (217) 493-2637 or at brooke at shout.net.

Sincerely,

Brooke Anderson, Co-Coordinator

Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative