[Peace] Names needed for Monday night!

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 26 21:50:24 CST 2003

Eric,

Great letter in the News Gazette the other day!

May we add your name to the list of folks who support the resolution? We are
compiling a list that will be read during the public comment period and then
submitted to the City Clerk at tomorrow's city council meeting.  The more
names we have on the list the better.

Even if you had planned on attending the meeting, we are looking to collecte
the names of all supporters. Meridith will be sending an email out about
this soon! Seh is collecting the names.

Please let us know. Thanks!

Kimberlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Jakobsson
To: Danielle Chynoweth; peace at lists.groogroo.com
Cc: UCProgressives at lists.cu.groogroo.com
Sent: 1/26/2003 8:12 PM
Subject: [Peace] Re: [Ucprogressives] anti-war resolution update

I tend to be pretty conservative about local governments taking stands
on
Federal issues outside their jurisdiction.  But the Iraq invasion and
its
context (expressed intent for global economic, military, and political
domination of the world by one country) is so fundamentally threatening
in
the long term to the basic principles of all democratic institutions
that
in this case it is justified.

Eric