[Peace] Milton Otto & the Resolution

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 30 18:11:25 CST 2003

FYI,

I will be speaking on Monday and I will address Mr. Otto directly from the
public comment chair! I have been crafting my comments in my head to him
since last Monday.

Kimberlie

-----Original Message-----
From: paul michael king [mailto:pmking at students.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 3:06 PM
To: AWARE Peace
Subject: [Peace] Milton Otto & the Resolution

Milton's remark in justifying his vote against the Urbana council's
resolution against war seems to me a bit misinformed. He stated that he
was unwilling to endorse a blanket statement that obviously does not
reflect everyone in the community since there are those who do not
support this resolution.

I wholeheartedly agree with his sentiment; however, I'm not sure they are
appropriate to his position. This strategy is known as *consensus*. I may
be wrong, but isn't the city council a *democratic* body?

Furthermore, why does he think that Al Gore lost the election?

Will somebody please just supply some facts to this man? These are not
just matters of opinion. He seems to have good intentions. Maybe with the
correct information he can make better decisions in the future.

There, I feel better now! I don't intend to be mean, but I needed to get
that off my chest =)

..::Paul King