[Peace] NEW Campustown Flyering Event Tuesday 11:45AM

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 15:05:44 CST 2003

The campustown flyering event this week went well. We had 8 people and
handed out about 1000 flyers. Even with 8 people, though, we couldn't quite
keep up with the lunchtime rush traffic at Green and Wright alone, so I'm
sure we could do even better, perhaps also covering additional
streetcorners.

I'm planning the next event for Tuesday 11:45 AM. The traffic should be
somewhat different on Tuesday because many university courses are scheduled
either Tuesday-Thursday or Monday-Wednesday-Friday. Please join us anytime
starting 11:45AM. We'll leaflet up till around1PM. Details from my previous
e-mail follow...

-------

Meet at the southwest corner of Green & Wright streets.

We will be distributing a variety of moveon.org flyers. To see them, check:

http://www.moveon.org/leaflets/materials/leaflets.html

and

https://www.moveon.org/localads/

The flyers are layed out very well and are designed to appeal to a broad
audience. They feature annotated, compelling, even damning facts and quotes
from relatively mainstream, non-controversial sources and particularly push
the idea that inspections should be supported instead of war.

The idea here is you just stand at a high-traffic area and directly offer
individual passers-by a flyer, saying something like "Would you like a fact
sheet about the war"?

Even if you can only stop by for a short stretch, you'd be surprised how
many flyers you can hand out in even 15 or 20 minutes.