[Peace] Global Vigil is HAPPENING in URBANA

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 08:18:36 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Mittenthal" <mitten at life.uiuc.edu>
To: <peace at lists.cu.groogroo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 9:54 AM
Subject: [Peace] Fwd: Please help with a Global Vigil for Peace

> Friends in AWARE:  Can we do this?

This is HAPPENING!

The following was posted to peace-discuss (thanks, Lisa). With this message,
I'm reposting it to the wider peace (announcement) list:

---------------------------------
a candlelight vigil for peace

On Sunday, March 16 at 7:00pm
at Carle Park in Urbana. Meet by the Lincoln statue across from Urbana High
School, on the Race Street side of the park.

Beginning in New Zealand, this will be a rolling wave of candlelight
gatherings that hour after hour will circumnavigate the globe.  Thousands of
groups around the world have already signed on to stand for peace. For more
information, go to www.globalvigil.org. We come together to rekindle the
light of reason -- and of hope. We renew our commitment to building a
positive world for our children.

Initiated by MoveOn.org, the Win Without War coalition, Archbishop Desmond
Tutu and many faith-based organizations

bring your friends and family/bring a candle