[Peace] Help Diedra avoid War -- tuesday meeting at Illini Union

robscott at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG robscott at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Mon Mar 17 14:20:55 CST 2003

Attention Anti-War Activists:

Our friend Diedra Cobb, who used to live at the Harvest House, has
received a call from her Army Reserve Unit to be deployed to the Middle
East. She applied for discharge several weeks ago, and has filed as a
conscientious objector, but the military is intent on sending her anyway.
Her deployment date is Thursday, so we should take action ASAP. A small
group met with Diedra today and discussed potential plans of action. We
decided to call the following meeting:

FRIENDS OF DIEDRA meeting
7pm, TUESDAY at the Courtyard Cafe in the Illini Union...
...we may move to the basement of the Union if that's better.

Please come and help us organize, especially if you know about avoiding
military service. Also, those who set up the Friends of Ahmed group would
likely be a valuable input. More details about the situation will be
provided at the meeting.

Rob Scott
384-5123
robscott at sdf.lonestar.org