[Peace] P4P featured in Moore video! (briefly)

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Tue Mar 18 11:39:47 CST 2003

I'll be posting this to the IMC site as well:

Blink and you'll miss it, but footage from Champaign's Prospect for Peace
is included in a new anti-war music video produced by Michael Moore. The
video, which debuted today on www.michaelmoore.com, will begin airing
tomorrow on MTV. The song, titled "Boom," is from the rock band System of a
Down. The music video features footage from dozens of anti-war protests
conducted Feb. 15, 2002 - the day 170 people showed up for the Prospect
Ave. event in the middle of a ferocious near-blizzard.

The local footage is about 1 to 2 seconds long and comes about 23 seconds
into the 3-minute song (at the moment the words "Lansing: 3000" appear on
the screen, somewhat misleadingly). Thanks to local AWARE video chronicler
Kord for supplying the footage to Moore's production crew!

Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" is the odds-on favorite to win "best
documentary" at the Oscars next week, which will no doubt add to the
publicity this video receives. (The animated segment with Bush, Blair,
Hussein and Bin Laden riding cruise missiles is kind of compelling, too.)

Video: http://www.michaelmoore.com (RealPlayer required)
article on Billboard Magazine site:
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1839614
Lyrics: http://www.absolutelyric.com/a/view/System%20Of%20A%20Down/Boom!/

Jim

Additional info re the video is in a mass email that Moore sent out last
night. It also mentions that Michael will be appearing on Oprah today: