[Peace] members of our community protesting in St. Louis this weekend

Meridith Kruse bmmk at soltec.net
Fri Mar 21 23:06:05 CST 2003

Hi all,

Just wanted to wish everyone well at P4P demonstration
this weekend and let you know that a group of us from
Champaign-Urbana will be heading to St. Louis to take
part in protests at Boeing and Monsanto this weekend.

This is part of the larger Colombia Mobilization intent
on raising awarness about corporate and state-sponsored
terror in Colombia.

Colombia is the third largest recipient of US Foreign Aid.

In Colombia, the right wing paramiltiaries work hand in hand
with the US-backed military to harass, torture, and kill
union leaders, campesinos, indigenous leaders, members of
women's groups, others working for social justice. Many
corporations work with paramilitary forces and are complicit
in this terror.

So, actions will be taking place in St. Louis since
Monsanto makes the deadly poision sprayed from planes
on the Colombian people, land, and water in the failed
effort to "fight the drug war".  People will also protest
at Sikorsky, (maker of Black Hawk Helicopters) in Conneticut,
at Occidential Petroleum in Los Angeles, and at at the Coca-
Cola plant in Atlanta Georgia.

Sehvilla Mann, myself, Chris Lempa from ISEN, members of the
St. Jude Catholic worker house, and students from the
School of American Watch group at UIUC will be attending.

We will report back for IMC radio news on Monday and will of
course be glad to share information with you all upon our
return.

In peace,
Meridith