[Peace] Letter from Iran

Lois Steinberg lsteinbe at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 26 08:54:34 CST 2003

Dear Friends,

My very dear friend, Azita, who lives in Teheran, Iran, gave me
permission to publish her letter to this group.

Lois Steinberg

dear lois
hi, thanks for you letter and sorry not to write regularly. sometimes
writing a letter seems the most difficult thing to do.
it is iranian new year and thank to war in iraq, it does not seem
like before. i don't feel like celebrating, even though one feels the
spring and change of the season, we had a week holiday and i was
watching news all the  time, BBC , CNN, ARABIC CHANNEL.
  i feel such hatred towards us and uk government that it is hard to
control it. when they talk about iraq people and they doing this for
their  sake, i feel sick, we were in war with sadam for over 8 years,
more than 1 million people died and our soliders were attacked by
chemical weapons and the world watched it silently and now they are
suddenly interested in human life, what a joke!
one should be so stupid and naive to believe them, i was watching a
pro-war demonstration in New York, and i could not believe some
american can be so blind to what is really going on.
it is just about power and oil.
i don't really think that all these rally for peace is going to work
as your president has clearly no respect for human being as he claims
to have.
nevertheless i wish you success.
people here feel after sadam is our term. and  in the mean time
Israel is destroying what ever is left of Felestine.
they are after the whole middle east and they do anything to get it.

so dear lois, it is a tough time and i don't see hope of world comes
to normality

lots of love azita