[Peace] Illinois Welseyan Events

blue2 at net66.com blue2 at net66.com
Mon May 12 10:36:48 CDT 2003

Beginning today and running through May 26th, the exhibit "Children of the
Gulf War" by Japanese photographer Takashi Morizumi will be on display in
The Ames Library, Bates & Merwin Reading Room, 4th floor, at Illinois
Wesleyan University.  Get directions at
http://www.iwu.edu/aboutiwu/directions.html

Mr. Morizumi is a photojournalist who focuses on nuclear issues--uranium
mining and milling, nuclear testing, power plants, and the use of depleted
uranium and other nuclear weapons.   Mr. Morizumi has been documenting the
children of Iraq since 1998, especially the alarming rise in cancers and
birth defects since the end of the first Gulf War, which some believe are
the legacy of the more than 300 tons of depleted uranium ordnance used in
the Gulf War. These weapons were also used in Bosnia and Kosovo and in the
latest gulf war.

For further information on Mr. Morizumi, the exhibit and depleted uranium,
please visit the following websites:
www.savewarchildren.org
http://www.morizumi-pj.com/

Dr. Doug Rokke will be speaking on campus Thursday, May 15 from 7-9 in the
Center for Natural Science, C101.

[thanks Doug!]

If you haven't seen this exhibit or heard Doug speak on these issues, I
encourage you to make the trip (1 hour from C-U).  Considering the evidence
we had before this recent tragic act of aggression, we had no business
dumping DU on these people again.  Personally speaking, seeing these photos
has strengthened my resolve to call the government to task for these
atrocities.

Contact me if you have any questions.
Peace,
Meg