[Peace] Race Unity Rally

Esther Portnoy portnoy at math.uiuc.edu
Wed May 28 08:34:54 CDT 2003

	For those interested also in our domestic "war" -- racism:

	This Sunday (June 1) there will be a Race Unity Rally in
Springfield.  Organized by the Baha'i Faith Community, this is also
sponsored by the Springfield Race Relations Task Force, the
Coalition to Promote Human Dignity and Diversity, Frontiers
International Inc. of Springfield, and the Springfield Chapter of
NAACP.   These rallies have been going on
for some years, but as Martin Luther King Jr noted, there is a direct
connection between war and racism; now it is more important than
ever to take a stand against both.
	The rally starts at 2pm, and there will be an ice cream social
afterwards for those who want to stay; or you can probably leave
right after the rally and be back in C-U in time for the AWARE
meeting.
	You can check the website www.raceunityrally.org
or email with questions to illinoiscoordinator at raceunityrally.org.
Cars will be going from C-U.  If you need transportation I would
be happy to help.	-- Esther Portnoy, portnoy at math.uiuc.edu
	or phone 367-8853