[Peace] Sun, 11/16 -- TODAY! -- Amy Goodman on Media

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Nov 16 12:01:50 CST 2003

Dear Sarah Ruth Wiseman and Other Friends--

I was just being kinda funny and cutsy/mainsteam media announcerish..... Apologies to anyone else who tho't I was being inappropriately proprietary.  And no, you don't REALLY have to plan your lives around this.

Jenifer C.

sure we want to bask in the reflection of McChesney's accomplishments by associating ourselves with him ("our own"). but pride in others' deeds could be expressed in less appropriating ways than laying claim to the accomplishers as belonging to us. fact is, we wish to belong to them. language is the easy way to establish a nonexistent fact. "our own" just sounds smarmy to me. McChesney is his own. that's how he gets so much done. we need a better way to describe admiration and thanks than the ownership adjective.