[Peace] Anti-Columbus Day event

Jennifer Tayabji jentayabji at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 14:24:31 CDT 2003

Hey--

I just wanted to let you all know about the Anti-Columbus Day rally next
Friday that AWARE is cosponsoring. Below is the announcement for the event.
This event is going to be really special because Charlene Teeters, founder
of the anti-"Chief" movement, will be the keynote speaker. She will be
speaking at 12noon.

In solidarity,
Jen Tayabji
***
On October 10th the Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative will be holding
its annual anti-Columbus day event. This event will make the connections
between the racist legacy of Christopher Columbus and the presence of the
racist mascot "Chief Illiniwek" at the U of I. There will be a picket and
speakers from 11:30 am until 2pm on the UI Quad in front of the Henry
Administration building. The keynote speaker will be Charlene Teeters,
founder of the anti-"Chief" movement. Come out on October 10th and tell the
UI administration that the racist "Chief" must go!

Jen Tayabji, Interim Director
Illinois Disciples Foundation
610 E. Springfield Ave, Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 352-8721  *  cell (217) 840-8248
i do it for the joy it brings
because i'm a joyful girl
because the world owes me nothing