[Peace] weft needs your voice

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 26 21:20:18 CDT 2003

You caring progress folk,

As you may know I am on the programming committee at WEFT. Last pledge drive
the financial support for WEFT during the public affairs shows including the
WEFT courier was absolutely awesome and absolutely essential. I hope that
you can catch the new shows that include pubic affairs program that have
been added to our lineup since then including
-- Weekend Wakeup with Cope Cumpston Saturday 6-8am (includes a civic
calendar)
--  Parenting Issues with Selina Dopp Every other Saturday 8:30-8am
-- Digital Citizen with Jeff Nicholson-Owens every other Wednesday 8-10pm.
-- Prairiegrass Roots and Art 120 with Lori Serb and Jason Pitzl Alternating
Sunday 10-11am (also alternates with Mick Woolf's "Work in Progress")

KEEP READING i'M ALMOST TO MY POINT BUT NOT QUITE

The pledge drive starts tonight and I hope that you will again consider a
donation to this worthy cause so we can keep -- The Labor Hour, News From
Neptune, Democracy Now, National Native News, The IMC Newshour, Alternative
Radio, Rise Africa Rise, Window on the World, Media Geek, Free Speech Radio,
NPR Headline News, This Way Out, Counter Spin and which ever other ones I'm
forgetting.

BUT BUT BUT BUT
that is not why I'm writing. I'm writing because we have one overworked
substitute hosting 3 days of the Courier (weekdays 4-6pm) and we need help
with this. Please email me if you would like to be trained to be a Courier
Host. It is a great way to support public affairs, help WEFT and to get your
feet wet. Many Courier hosts have gone on to have their own shows once they
got the taste of how it works. If you think you might be able to do it...
but have reservations... please talk to me so we can discuss the
possibility. We might even be able to work out shorter shifts or every other
week.

Thanks for considering this and please let me know as soon as possible.

Sandra Ahten

please forward

WEFT is sorely in need of support for public affairs. Thank all of you who
pledged last time.