[Peace] Chuck D lecture -- and reception -- April 9, 7PM

jwalling at uiuc.edu jwalling at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 6 23:35:41 CDT 2004

 Hi everyone,
Just sending out this announcement again.  And if you'd like
to attend a limited seating fundraising reception with Chuck
D after the lecture, please e-mail me to RSVP.  The cost will
be $10 for students, $15 for non-students, with a discount if
you usher or petition. (We still have some costs on this that
we have to make up!  Please help us out!) Please e-mail me at
jwalling at uiuc.edu if you'd like to attend.

Chuck D, Legendary Rap and Hip-Hop Artist to Speak at UIUC

Lecture: "Race, Rap, Reality, and Technology"
When: Friday, April 9, 7PM
Where: Foellinger Auditorium, University of Illinois

Campus Greens at the University of Illinois will be hosting
legendary hip-hop artist, Chuck D at Foellinger Auditorium on
April 9, 2004 at 7PM. As leader and co-founder of legendary
rap group Public Enemy, Chuck D redefined rap music and Hip
Hop culture.   His lyrics address issues such as race, rap,
rage, reality, and inequality.  Chuck D will speak at UIUC
about such issues as police review, diversity, racial
profiling, and progressive politics.  He has been invited as
part of the campaign for police review in C-U.  The event is
free and open to the public.  For more info e-mail
dsacks at uiuc.edu

Current Co-Sponsors include: Campus Greens at UIUC, Anti-War
Anti-Racism Effort, Prairie Greens of East Central Illinois,
U-C Hip-Hop, Black Law Students Association, Student American
Civil Liberties Union, National Organization for the Reform
of Marijuana Laws, Student Peace Action, Visionaries
Educating Youth and Adults, and Amnesty International
More info on the Campus Greens - www.uiuc.edu/ro/greens
More info on Chuck D -
http://www.kepplerassociates.com/speakers/chuckd.asp
More info on Police review - www.prairienet.org/cprb