[Peace] tax day

Sarah Kanouse kanouse at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 10 01:20:18 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Carol suggested I float this idea by all of you and see who might be
interested.

This semester, I'm in a class on political performance.  We meet weekly
at the IMC on Wednesdays.  For one of our final performances, we will
be performing weapons inspections on the University of Illinois campus,
targeting labs with links to DARPA, the Academic Strategic Alliances
Program ( http://www.llnl.gov/asci-alliances/asap.html), and the Center
for Simulation of Advanced Rockets (www.csar.uiuc.edu).    We will not
be engaging in any kind of trespassing, but we will ask if we can enter
labs to search for weapons because it has come to our attention that
the labs have links to known military organizations.

The event is already scheduled for a couple of weeks from now (the date
is set, but please contact me for it if you are interested, as we would
like some approximation of surprise effect).  The whole action should
take no more than 2 hours. We'd love to have support from peace
activists and  organizations in a number of ways:

1) to do flyering on the campus and streets near the campus about peace
work and military research on campus
2) to join the performance--there are many labs that need inspecting!
3) to help with planning, media, etc, even if you can't help with the
day of.

Please contact me by email or come to the next class meeting: Wednesday
at 5:15 pm at the IMC.  I hope to see you there.

Best,

Sarah