[Peace] reminder "Prospect for Peace" demonstration TOMORROW 2PM

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 6 16:11:42 CDT 2004

Hi,

Just a heads-up that tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month, so AWARE
will be conducting another "Prospect for Peace" demonstration from 2-4PM at
the intersection of Marketview and North Prospect in Champaign, just north
of I-74. Come out and say what's on your mind with your own sign or use one
of  ours. While we often focus on the ongoing war and occupation in Iraq, we
encourage folks to touch on whatever topic they like whether it's
international, regional or local. In light of the anniversary of the
Hiroshima bombing, folks may want to bring attention to that event or
nuclear weapons in general. Or with the election coming up, you might have
something to say about the candidates, the parties or the election process.

Also, in other "P4P" news, a new AWARE "legal committee" was recently formed
and it formally met with members of the Champaign city government and police
force. They focused on improving relations and understanding between AWARE
folks and police officers as well as ensuring the ongoing safety of
protestors from those who might disagree with our views =8-). So now we are
more prepared and organized than ever for these monthly "P4P" events.

The weather should be perfect - mostly sunny, 77 and 0% chance of rain =8-)

Hope to see you in the sunshine tomorrow =8-)