[Peace] off topic- temporary employment suggestions

ppatton at uiuc.edu ppatton at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 3 22:44:00 CST 2004

I appologize for the off topic post.  I am hoping someone on
the list may be able to help me with this.  I am looking for
a source of temporary employment.  The grant which funds my
salary as a Research Scientist at Beckman Institute has now
ended.  I have a source of income for the spring, but then
nothing.  We have another grant submitted which is intended
to pay my salary, but, *if funded* it would not do so for 11
months after that.  I've already looked at the obvious
options, like teaching at Parkland College or getting an
academic hourly position at U of I.  If someone out there can
suggest other options, please do so off the list.  Sorry
again about the off topic post.
-Paul Patton
Dr. Paul Patton
Research Scientist
Beckman Institute  Rm 3027  405 N. Mathews St.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  Urbana, Illinois 61801
work phone: (217)-265-0795   fax: (217)-244-5180
home phone: (217)-344-5812
homepage: http://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ppatton/www/index.html

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science."
-Albert Einstein