[Peace] Prospect for Peace

Sarah Stack sarah at happysaurus.com
Sun Dec 5 20:58:06 CST 2004

I sent this earlier, but Insight's outgoing server seems wonky so sorry,
if this is repeat delivery:

I went with friends to an activism workshop in Chicago this weekend. I
came away with a few really good ideas as far as direct action goes. I
was thinking about incorporating it into the monthly Prospect for Peace
protest.

Last night, around Logan Square, the people in the workshop worked out
ways to convey messages pertaining to specific themes. It turned into a
fantastic activity in engaging the public around us. We got smiles,
waves, and even a few cheers because of the energy that we put out.

I would love to brainstorm some more on this kind of idea and bring that
kind of action into things like the Prospect for Peace. I noticed the
last time that many people were not interested in our message, perhaps
because it is a very sad and upsetting one to so many. I've felt an
overall sense, on both sides, of disconnection, both with the people who
may believe differently, and between those of us in the group. How can
we engage the public in a positive way, yet get our message across? I
would love it if others who may be interested in this would contact me
and we can meet to bounce ideas back and forth. The one that came to
mind for me particularly is The Puppetistas at the SOA protest, although
we don't have to do something on this grand a scale, I would love to
engage people's minds and imaginations in that way.

Thanks!
Sarah
sarah at happysaurus.com