[Peace] One-of-a-kind Dance @ McKinley Foundat'n - Sun, Feb 29th

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Feb 13 17:09:32 CST 2004

Hi Folks -- Dancing is the de-stressor we all need in these war-torn times..... Also, this is my dance, and y're welcome to display AWARE, etc flyers and info on the table.  See you on the 29th!   Jenifer C.
Hello Dancers, Friends of Dancers, Music Lovers --

We are extremely lucky to have snagged an incredible band on their way North to dance gigs in Chicago and various Michigan cities.... They are The Red Stick Ramblers from Baton Rough, La., and they play an amazing variety of DANCE music, including 20s-30s traditional- and Django Reinhardt-style jazz, Western Swing, and Cajun fiddle tunes..... They bill themselves as playing "authentic Cajun Gypsy Swing," and you can learn more about them and also hear examples of their hot, cool, always-danceable music @ www.redstickramblers.com

The dance is Sunday, February 29th @ McKinley Foundation, 2nd floor...... It will begin w/ a Cajun jitterbug and 2-step workshop from  630 to 730 ($5.), followed by awesome and eclectic dancing -- you can do East and West Coast Swing; Lindy Hop; Cajun Waltz, Jitterbug, 2-Step -- and MORE! -- to LIVE music 730 to 1130 ($10).  McKinley has given the okay to BYOB -- including beer and wine..... And snacks to share are always welcome....  Come as you are, no partner or experience necessary.

So, see you all on the 29th!  (Yeah, I know, it's Oscars night..... But I'm gonna set my VCR and skip the commercials instead of this dance!!!)

Questions?  E-me or call 352-2803.
Jenifer C.