[Peace] reasons for howard stern censoring?

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 26 13:43:30 CST 2004

From:           	Benjamen Walker <bwalker at cyber.law.harvard.edu>
Subject:        	Please pay attention..
Date sent:      	Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:52:13 -0500

Please fwd this to uh.. the "brightest" people you know.. its one of those
EXTRA true things that could well further the revolution.

FEB 25 - the howard stern show -

Howard started off the show talking about George W. Bush's ''hoopla'' over
the gay marriage thing.  Howard and Robin both said that they think it's a
big waste of time. Howard went on to talk about some other news about how
the CIA had information about the 9/11 hijackers before it happened and they
didn't do anything about it. Howard said that Bush shouldn't be worrying
about the gay marriage thing, he should be trying to save the country.
Howard then said he was ready to vote for "anybody but Bush"

FEB 25 - Later that evening

"We will not air Howard Stern on Clear Channel stations until we are assured
that his show will conform to acceptable standards of responsible
broadcasting," said a statement from John Hogan, president and CEO of Clear
Channel Radio.

scott gurian
independent radio producer
+1 201.315.7877