[Peace] finally

parenti susan rose sparenti at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 30 14:57:09 CST 2004

finally this happened:

This month, in an airport in Spain, I sat waiting for my plane, hearing
the usual routine texts over the loudspeakers--arrival and departures,
baggage claims etc..

And then--
Another routine text over the loudspeaker:"Barcelona airport is a
no-smoking airport. We thank you for your corporation."

For your corporation.

I said, "O. They left out the 'o'".

I was sitting in the business class lounge, where men and
men-with-makeup-and-breasts(women, I guess, in suits) were buzzing around,
enjoying privilege in the form of drinking freely provided champagne and
of reading capitalist confirming news.

For your corporation.

Everyone seemed pleased.