[Peace] AWARE takes trophy, parade float wins prize

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 16:25:42 CDT 2004

Thanks, Carol, but several people put in a lot more
work than I did -- in particular the builders (Durl
and Bob) and painters (especially Lori, Rebecca, Erin
and Sandra), not to mention all the folks who came and
got super messy at the papier-mache parties (I could
hardly get close) or chased runaway children while
others slopped on the goo.

Almost everybody in AWARE worked on this float and/or
marched in the parade.  It really was a group effort,
just like in the movies.  It was beautiful.  The
trophy was just the cherry on top.

Ricky