[Peace] Art Theater Display and Yard Signs

jandurl jandurl at insightbb.com
Thu Jul 22 21:13:13 CDT 2004

Good News for AWARE and Fahrenheit 911.     Good & Bad News for Yard Signs!
I went to take down our display and collect our last informational items at the ART theater thinking tonight was the last show of Fahrenheit 911.  Mitch (our friend at the theater)  informed me that the movie will continue this week, alternating time with CONTROL  ROOM!  So if you have not seen the movie, now is the time.  That will be 5 weeks for Fahrenheit 911 at the ART.  There were 70 people in attendance tonight  ( Thursday)  when I arrived at the theater at 7:00 PM!

You may have noticed the signs (Regime Change begins at home....Vote out Bush/Cheney) that we have been selling at Farmer's Market on Saturdays have been under discussion on the editorial page of the News Gazette including a nice mention of Mort's flower garden..........along with a not so nice mention of the yard sign!  Anyway we have sold 50 and have numerous requests for more.  The company  that supplies the signs  has  been flooded with requests and so we may have a 2 week delay for our order.  This might also be a good time to voice additional support for free lawn speech  to the pages of the  local media.  Some local residents have taken exception  to the signs writing that the signs  are among other things.........."idiotic", "Yellow", "inappropriate", "pitiful", "hateful", "against our duly elected president and vice-president", "ignorant",  "arrogant ," and  "that the signs spew venom in an ugly fashion!".
Thank goodness for FREE SPEECH!
JAN KRUSE