[Peace] Taser proposal withdrawn!

Kranich, Kimberlie Kranich at WILL.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 25 08:38:07 CST 2004

Dear All,

Our new chief of police and the city manager have decided to withdraw their
request for Tasers. What a wise and prudent decision!  I am proud of them
and happy for us.

Our black and white and Latino communities who organized together and spoke
up and out, the four council members who voted against Tasers Tuesday night,
and many other allies working hard inside the city and outside made this
possible. We have an in.  A place to start making change.

For a fuller version of this story and two related stories, please visit:
ucimc.org

Peace,
Kimberlie