[Peace] Still Meeting, Still Protesting, Still Fighting the Good Fight

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 11:52:51 CST 2004

The best antidote to despair, anger, helplessness has always been organizing.  I try to remind myself to never underestimate the power of committed, informed people who are willing to fight and fight hard to make this world better.

This week seems like an especially important week for AWARE - many important events are coming up and now is a time when people in our community are looking for ways to get involved.  Perhaps we'll try to finish a bit early and join the gathering by Food Not Bombs that will be at the IMC starting at 6pm.  It's an informal gathering of progressives to eat, socialize and organize.

As always, let me know if there're things to add:

Ricky Baldwin facilitating
AWARE meetings take place every Sunday from 5:00 - 6:30 at the Independent Media Center (218 W. Main in downtown Urbana).

Introductions (5)
News of the Week (10) - Carl
Reports
- The Postcards for Peace  (Peter)
- Finances (Linda)
- Veteran's Day event (Carol)
- Prospect for Peace (Ricky)
- Tabling (David/Kruses?)
- CU Citizens for Peace and Justice/NAACP (Sister Carol)
- DN!/UPTV (Randall)
- School of the Americas
- Report on post-election organizing
- Inauguration Day plans