[Peace] Not Your Average AWARE Meeting

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 10:35:52 CST 2004

Join us for an important brainstorming session, facilitated by Lisa Chason.  For some time, folks have been hoping to talk about the elections, the current state of the peace movement, ideas for AWARE actions, and more...  We decided at our last minute to commit time at the next two meetings to air some ideas and reactions.

The first 30 - 40 minutes of the meeting will deal with News of the Week and Reports and the remainder of the meeting will be devoted to open discussion.  Let me know if anything needs to be added or changed.  (NOTE:  Since several folks are at the School of the Americas protest this week so the meeting may be smaller than usual.  Peter Rohloff is gone, so we will delay the final report on Postcards for Peace.  I also wasn't sure if the folks from the Police Review Board need time for a report; similarly I didn't know if those working on individual's cases of police abuse want time for a report.)  Thanks!

Introductions (5)
News of the Week (10)  - Carl Estabrook
Current Projects (15?)
- Finances (Linda)
- NAACP / CU Citizens Group (Sister Carol, Danielle)
- Tabling (Jan, Durl, David)
- UPTV / Democracy Now! (Randall)
- P4P (Ricky)
Events of the Past Week (5)