[Peace] Fwd:[Mediamatters] Weekly Update

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Fri Oct 1 01:47:21 CDT 2004

Welcome to another edition of the WILL-AM Media Matters  email update!

THIS WEEK'S GUEST

-------------------------------

This week's guest on Media Matters is Greg Palast. Palast is  the author of the New York Times bestseller, “The Best  Democracy Money Can Buy” and "Joker's Wild:  George Bush's  House of Cards" - regime change deck from 7 Stories Press.  Greg Palast's writings have appeared in The Washington Post,  Harper's, and The Nation. He's been a guest on Politically  Incorrect, C-SPAN's Washington Journal, and does regular  investigative reports for BBC's Newsnight. Most recently,  Palast has released a new DVD based on his controversial BBC  Television documentary titled  "Bush Family Fortunes.” For  more info on Palast and his writings, visit his website.
<http://www.gregpalast.com/>

UPCOMING GUESTS

--------------

In the following weeks we will feature Lawrence Lessig and  John Nichols.

If you have a suggestion for a guest you'd like to see on  the show,let us know: email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

LAST WEEK'S GUEST

-----------------------------

Last week's guests on Media Matters were communication  scholars, Michael Delli Carpini and Bruce Williams.  They
discussed their forthcoming book  "And the Walls Came
Tumbling Down: The Eroding Boundaries Between News and  Entertainment and What They Mean for Mediated Politics in the  21st Century."

ALL OF OUR PAST SHOWS ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEB SITE:

http://www.will.uiuc.edu/am/mediamatters/

NUTS and BOLTS

--------------

vpickard at uiuc.edu

We hope you find the Media Matters Weekly Update to be  useful and informative, and we hope you'll encourage
everyone you know with an interest in the media to listen to  the show and subscribe to the list. If you have any
questions or suggestions on how to improve what we do with  this list, please email producer Victor Pickard at
vpickard at uiuc.edu

Thanks again for listening!

--

Victor Pickard