[Peace] Re: [Peace-discuss] Emergency contraception

Gabriel Stanton ggstanto at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:12:47 CDT 2004

peace-discuss at lists.cu.groogroo.com
>Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Emergency contraception
>Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:04:40 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Just curious:  Are there any other folks besides Carl who feel strongly
we should rescind our co-sponsorship for the Emergency Contraception Rally?

>cpi

Everybody,

   In my opinion the egg isn't ferilized (a zygote) it isn't life. and if
you can put forth a convincing argument that it has a soul then I may be
swayed. It isn't an issue that deals with Anti-War or Anti-Racism but it is
social justice issue. No matter what the ideal is people are going to get
pregnant. High infant mortality rates among the poor in the United States
(due to a poor health care for the public) are real problems that are
overlooked because  they are much bigger than we expect. Some of these may
be prevented by EC.
Anyway I like the discussion aside from the personal attacks and I think
that people's objections should be given weight in this and any matter.
However I believe that total consensus would be impossible since the group
doesn't have formal members. So 3/4 majority is a good percentage. But like
Carl I'm not sure if I would want to put it in writing. Thank You,

Very respectfully,

Gabe