[Peace] Fw: VEYA UPDATE

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 20 12:40:16 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <cu at veya.org>
To: <cu at veya.org>
Cc: <lamers at uiuc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 12:34 PM
Subject: VEYA UPDATE

: First of all we would like to thank you for your support in the recent
: Eavesdropping case against Martel Miller and Patrick Thompson.
Unfortunately,
: we have only had a partial success in this situation. The charges against
: Martel have been dropped, but not against Patrick. We would like to inform
you
: of some ways that you can remain involved.
:
: 1) Watch the formerly-banned Citizen Watch documentary Wednesday, October
: 20 at 6:30pm on UPTV (Cable Channel 6). We have added an update on the
: situation and a few subtitles to clarify some of the footage.
:
: 2) Come to the Unity March on Saturday, October 23 sponsored by CU
Citizens
: for Peace and Justice, which will begin at 9 am at both Scott Park and
Douglas
: Park. This march is being organized to call for just and equitable law
: enforcement by Champaign County State's Attorney John Piland and local
police,
: to call for a Citizen's Police Review Board, and to emphasize the
importance
: of
: mass voter turnout for the upcoming election. Both marches from the two
parks
: will join together at the Champaign Police station (University Ave. and
First
: St.)
: and proceed to West Side Park for a short rally.
:
: 3) Come to Patrick's Pre-Trial on Wednesday, October 27 at 1:30pm in
: Courtroom A to show your support.
:
: 4) File a Freedom of Information Act at the Court House Circuit Clerks
office.
: For more information go to http://www.veya.org/FOIA.htm.
:
: Please accept our apologies if you received this email twice, we were
: experiencing technical difficulties.
:
: Thank you
: VEYA