[Peace] Special pre-election "Prospect for Peace" demonstration Saturday

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 13:20:41 CDT 2004

AWARE will be conducting a special pre-election "Prospect for Peace"
demonstration this Saturday from 2-4PM at the intersection of Marketview and
North Prospect in Champaign, just north of I-74.

Come out and say what's on your mind with your own sign or use one of  ours.
While we often focus on the ongoing war and occupation in Iraq, we encourage
folks to touch on whatever topic they like whether it's international,
regional or local. The election will only be three days away, so you might
have something to
say about the candidates, the parties or the election process. Recently,
we've had folks demonstrating against Champaign County State's Attorney John
Piland, for instance.

AWARE will be as prepared as ever, touching base with police to ensure
against misunderstandings and videotaping to help ensure the safety of
demonstrators.

And don't forget, we'll have our usual first-Saturday-of-the-month "Prospect
for Peace" the following Saturday, November 6th. While this is our routine,
regularly-scheduled monthly demonstration, we'll be ready to provide a forum
for demonstration against any election irregularities. Same time and place
as usual - 2-4PM at Marketview and North Prospect.

And remember, don't park at the "Tires Plus", "Lowe's" or "Slot & Wing
Hobbies" parking lots as you may be towed by those unfriendly businesses
=8-)

Hope to see you there...