[Peace] Two Y events this Sunday!

Danielle Schumacher danielle at illinoisnorml.org
Fri Oct 29 13:33:48 CDT 2004

Reminder-Two Y events this Sunday!Hey everyone,
I thought AWARE people would be interested in these two Y events this Sunday- read on for more details.
Farenheit 9/11 and FarenHYPE 9/11 showing,
and a protest at Allerton...

The University YMCA will be showing "Fahrenheit 9/11" (2 hours) on Sunday, October 31st at 6pm on the big screen at the University YMCA in Latzer Hall. The movie will be followed by a short break/discussion and then a showing of "FahrenHYPE 9/11" (80 minutes) at 8:30pm. Both are free and open to everyone, refreshments will be available.

Also, Students Improving the Lives of Animals will be having a protest against the planned deer hunt at Allerton Park, see below...

*****SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31 ALLERTON PROTEST*****
We will meet at the north entrance to the union at 7:30 am in order to
carpool together to Allerton Park.  This protest will coincide with an 8k
race taking place at Allerton and will therefore be visible to many people.
 If you want to attend this, it would be best if you emailed Sonya
(sak12 at po.cwru.edu) to let her know you will be coming and whether or not
you can drive.  That way we can ensure that everyone will have
transportation.  But even if you can't RSVP, please come to the union and
we will find space for you!  This protest will last until about 10:30 am.

If you attend either protest, feel free to bring your own signs.  Also, if
you happen to have access to anything like deer costumes, toy bows and
arrows, toy antlers, etc. such visuals are encouraged.  We hope to have the
media covering both events and need as many people as possible there to
show opposition.  Thank you so much for your work to protect these deer!

--
Becca Guyette
Program Director
becca at universityymca.org