[Peace] Prospect for Peace is this Saturday

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 2 14:05:24 CDT 2004

Hi,

Were you inspired at all by the recent demonstrations in New York? Then come
on out and do some demonstrating of your own this Saturday at AWARE's
"Prospect for Peace" monthly street demonstration!

Since this Saturday is the first Saturday of the month, AWARE will be
conducting another "Prospect for Peace" demonstration from 2-4PM at the
intersection of Marketview and North Prospect in Champaign, just north of
I-74.

Come out and say what's on your mind with your own sign or use one of  ours.
While we often focus on the ongoing war and occupation in Iraq, we encourage
folks to touch on whatever topic they like whether it's international,
regional or local. The election's coming up, so you might have something to
say about the candidates, the parties or the election process. Or maybe
you'd like to inform the public about the tragedy that's been allowed to
unfold in the Darfur region of The Sudan. Recently, we've had folks
demonstrating against Champaign County State's Attorney John Piland.

AWARE will be as prepared as ever, touching base with police to ensure
against misunderstandings and videotaping to help ensure the safety of
demonstrators.

The weather looks good - partly cloudy, 83 with rain unlikely.

Hope to see you there...