[Peace] CU Progressives on 10/10/04

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 18:30:21 CDT 2004

How can progressive people in Champaign Urbana work together more effectively?

How can we stay informed about each other’s work and support each other when it really counts?

CU Progressives is an umbrella group meant to bring together representatives of the many progressive groups in town. The group only meets a few times each year, but it provides a forum to share information and ideas, publicize events (and avoid scheduling conflicts), and network with each other to strengthen our efforts.

The next gathering of C/U Progressives will be on Sunday, October 10 from 3:00 – 5:00 pm at the Crystal Lake Boathouse in Urbana. At this meeting there will be a short dance performance by young people from the Afrikan-American Cultural Arts Program (starting promptly at 3:00 pm), followed by brief presentations by Sister Carol and Brother Aaron of CU Citizens for Peace and Justice and Mike Lehman speaking on alternative media in CU. And of course, there will an opportunity for announcements and a chance to enjoy the homemade cookies.
For more information, contact Carol Inskeep at 344-9155.

http://mail.yahoo.com