[Peace] Recruiting @ UHS

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Wed Apr 6 20:35:01 CDT 2005

Friends,

I see UHS's point about AWARE, KKK, Young Nazis, and other groups promoting their agenda countering the Military recruiters, a group offering jobs -- not just ideas -- to graduating students.  So, can we have our own table offering peaceful jobs?  I'm sure that @ least 5 local church groups could find a number of jobs nation- and even world-wind to advertise w/ us.  We also could look @ the job listings in the back of The Nation, etc, etc, and in other progressive mags...   There are TONS of listings in the NG and other local papers, and in national newspapers...  We could list 'em all, divide the list into 4, and set up our own table offering peaceful jobs  We might even find some jobs someone wanted to apply for, but that's not the main point.  Maybe also include job training, eg Parkland, apprenticeships....

I'd certainly help staff the table on this one, AND walk a picket line outside the school if they refused us.  We don't have to limit ourselves to Urbana High School, do we?

In solidarity,
Jenifer C.