[Peace] TOMORROW! HRFS presents "End of Suburbia"!!

Jen Tayabji tayabji at shout.net
Wed Apr 20 13:20:49 CDT 2005

AWARE is a cosponsor of this film series :-)

Jen
***

TOMORROW! And check out the bottom of the email for info on the IDF 100th
Anniversary Rock Show on Friday!

The Illinois Disciples Foundation (IDF) presents...

*******************************

3rd Annual Human Rights Film Series
"End of Suburbia"

Thursday, April 21st from 7-9pm
Free Admission and Snacks
Bondurant Room, IDF**

*******************************

The IDF Human Rights Film Series is celebrating Earth day with the
documentary END OF SUBURBIA, by Gregory Greene.  See below for more
information!

END OF SUBURBIA: Thursday, April 21st, from 7-9pm @ IDF

END OF SUBURBIA is a wake up call to western society about the real
ramifications of peak oil production and consumption. Greene interviews a
number of energy experts, including Oil industry insider, Matthew Simmons,
CEO of the world’s largest energy investment bank, Simmons and Co.
International, to find out just what we might expect as we reach peak
production of the West’s most relied upon energy resource. What will come
of our way of life when cheap oil is no longer available? Greene examines
how the end of cheap oil will affect not only our transportation and
electricity needs, but also access to inexpensive goods and services, food
production and to the economy. Dr. David N. Ruzic, professor in Nuclear,
Plasma and Radiological Engineering, will join us to discuss energy
alternatives and to facilitate the discussion following the film. This
event is free and open to the public.

The Human Rights Film series is cosponsored by: 85% Coalition, Activist
Forum, Amnesty International #124, Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort (AWARE),
Campus Greens, Channing-Murray Foundation, Common Ground Food Cooperative,
El Centro por los Trabajadores, Feminist Majority, McKinley Foundation,
Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative (PRC), South Asian Collective, St.
Patrick’s Catholic Church Social Action Committee, UC Friends Peace and
Service Committee, UC-IMC Steering Group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War
(VVAW), and the Women’s Direct Action Collective (WDAC).

The IDF is a pioneering peace with justice campus ministry. For more
information about the film series or the IDF, please contact us at the IDF
at (217) 352-8721, idf at prairienet.org, or visit our website at
www.prairienet.org/idf.

**The Bondurant Room is located on the 2nd floor of the Illinois Disciples
Foundation and is wheelchair accessible. The IDF is located at the NW
corner of Springfield and Wright streets in Champaign. Limited free
parking is available.

******************

Illinois Disciples Foundation (IDF) presents...

***100TH ANNIVERSARY ROCK SHOW***

Friday, April 22nd from 9:30pm-2am
At Nargile

APPEARING:
Decals
The Frame
The Weakdaze
JigGsaw

$5 Cover! Ages 19+!

All proceeds will go to the IDF to continue furthering our peace with
justice mission! Nargile is located at 207 W. Clark St. in downtown
Champaign.

For more information or questions, please contact the IDF at (217)
352-8721 or idf at prairienet.org.

------ End of Forwarded Message