[Peace] YWCA Race Against Racism - This Saturday!

Rachael E. Dietkus rdietkus at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:17:42 CDT 2005

Please distribute widely!

YWCA of the University of Illinois to Hold First Annual Race Against Racism

Champaign-Urbana, IL – April 23, 2005 – The YWCA of the University of
Illinois is holding its first annual Race Against Racism, 5K walk/run at
Crystal Lake Park in Urbana on Saturday, April 23, 2005.  This date will be
commemorated by YWCAs throughout the nation as a day to confirm our
commitment to the elimination of racism. Through the race we hope to educate
the community about the importance of continuing the fight against racism
and racial prejudice in all communities.

The race will start at 9:00 AM and will conclude with an awards ceremony at
10:30 AM.  The registration fee is $15 per participant and includes a free
t-shirt. Pre-registration is highly recommended, although you can register
up until the day of the race on Saturday, April 23.

Come out, join the YWCA, and support a worthy cause and the YWCA. For more
information, please contact Lisha Banks or Hallie Kowal at the YWCA: (217)
344-0721 or ywcauofi at hotmail.com.

Contact:
Lisha Banks, Executive Director
Hallie Kowal, President, Student Leadership Panel
YWCA at the University of Illinois
1001 S. Wright St.
Champaign, IL 61801
Phone: (217_ 344-0721