[Peace] EYES WIDE OPEN come to Champaign Urbana

carol inskeep carolinskeep at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 10:13:31 CDT 2005

Seventy-six pairs of empty combat boots, each tagged with the name of an Illinois soldier who has died in Iraq...   A pair of Iraqi combat boots and 50 pairs of shoes representing the thousands of Iraqis who have died during this war...

This powerful exhibit, created by American Friends Service Committe in Chicago will be displayed in several locations in the CU area from September 16th - 19th.  We need your help to insure that this exhibit is seen by as many folks as possible.  There are many ways (large and small) to help - set-up and take-down of the exhibit, staffing on days that the exhibit is in town, publicizing the exhibit to your community group/religious organization/students, helping to organize events at the site of the exhibit (vigil, performance, reading of the names of those who have died, etc.)  This memorial has the potential to have a really important impact in our community at this time when many are questioning the war and its profound consequences.

Can you help in some way?  To volunteer or get more information, contact Carol Inskeep at this email or at 344-9155.  Or consider coming to our Thursday night organizational meetings - the first one takes place this Thursday, August 25th at 7:30 at the home of Jan and Durl Kruse at 2007 S George Huff Drive in Urbana.  Hope you can get involved - Thanks!

To learn more see http://www.afsc.org/eyes/default.htm

http://mail.yahoo.com