[Peace] reminder: David Green speaking tonight

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 7 16:40:04 CST 2005

I'd like to encourage folks to attend this event tonight. This is David's
first major speaking engagement and I hope other AWARE folks will show up
for moral support. The topic is of immediate local importance, but also
reverberates nationwide.

I also hope that someone will record David's talk (audio and/or video) so
that it can be broadcast later on WEFT or UPTV.

I'm on WEFT shift until 7 and won't be able to make the start of the event.

Sponsor: Students for Palestine

Speaker: David Green

"A Response to Chancellor Herman's allegations of
anti-Semitism at the Daily Illini, and a critique of
the Zionist agenda at the U of I and other college
campuses."

100 Gregory Hall
7:00, Monday, February 7

REMINDER: PRESS ADVISORY

Local Activist to respond to U of I Chancellor Richard Herman's allegations
of anti-Semitism at the Daily Illini

February 1, 2005:

Local activist David Green will give a talk this coming Monday, February 7th
at 7PM on the University of Illinois Campus in room 100 of Gregory Hall, 810
South Wright Street in Urbana. His talk is entitled:

"A Response to Chancellor Herman's allegations of anti-Semitism at the Daily
Illini, and a critique of the Zionist agenda at the U of I and other college
campuses."

This event is sponsored by Students for Palestine

For background information on this issue, consult the article entitled:

"Open Letter to Chancellor Richard Herman Regarding Charges of Anti-Semitism
and Issues of Freedom of the Press at the Daily Illini"

at the Urbana/Champaign Independent Media Center website:

http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/22570/index.php

and the following media reports related to this issue:

Official to relay concern over DI
News-Gazette, December 11, 2004
http://www.news-gazette.com/localnews/story.cfm?Number=17302

U. of I., Daily Illini plan to discuss paper's quality
Chicago Tribune. [Chicago Final Edition] December 10, 2004. pg. 3

Chancellor: U. of I.'s student paper spews anti-Semitism // Official says he
will fund rival publication if training not improved
Chicago Sun-Times, December 9, 2004, pg. 4

U. of I. paper suspends students for anti-Semitic comic
Chicago Sun-Times, November 13, 2004, pg. 8

CONTACT: David Green (217) 840-3979 :  davegreen48 at yahoo.com