[Peace] Supreme Court

sgdavis sgdavis at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 21 19:00:58 CST 2005

Brian,

That Court decision doesn't sound like the court I've come to know and love.
Can you send a full reference, or ref to a news story?

Universities and colleges (not YMCAs)are under incredible pressure to allow
recuiting, or else lose precious federal dollars, I understood.  BUT!  That
doesn't mean we can't make an issue of ROTC, recruitment, etc.

Let's start with the Y cleaning up its act -- are the recruiters there because
they find it hard to be elsewhere?  I doubt it.  They're there because it's on
Wright St.  I recall the Y hosting a promo that was giving away cigarette
paraphernalia (in lieu of frank advertising) a few years ago.  So, whose money
won't they take? we might ask.

SD