[Peace] Don't forget to vote TODAY!

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 22 16:58:56 CST 2005

I voted today, and I'm not even in Urbana, where the big races are!

Have you voted yet? Only two hours left...

Regarding the biggest race...

FIVE REASONS TO VOTE PRUSSING FOR MAYOR:

  1. Laurel will be proactive in solving our city's most pressing
  problems.  She will make the urgent needs of Urbana her top priority.

  2. She'll actively pursue quality new business and create
  incentives for small businesses - not just large ones - so Urbana
  residents can walk, bike, and drive to basic goods & services in Urbana.
  She will help revitalize downtown & Philo Road.

  3. As our State Representative and County Auditor, Laurel proved
  herself to be innovative, honest, and able to build coalitions.

  4. Unlike the current mayor, Laurel opposed the at-large ballot
  referendum last November that would have diluted student and
  minority voices in government.

  5. Laurel Prussing is endorsed by 27 current and former elected
  officials.  Of the eight currently elected Urbana Democrats (City
  Council and citywide), only one endorses the current mayor: himself.

YOUR VOTE COULD DECIDE THIS ELECTION!

This year, the Mayor of Urbana will be chosen in Tuesday's primary. If
you voted last November and haven't moved, you vote in the same place
and don't need to re-register.  If you have any question about your
registration status or polling place, you can find it here:

   https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/registrationstatus.asp

MORE INFORMATION:

Read about Laurel Prussing's positions on the issues, her plans to
revitalize Philo Road and Downtown, and other topics on her campaign
website:

   http://www.laurelprussing.com