[Peace] FW: urgent action against Gonzales/torture

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 10:06:23 CST 2005

I find the following to be an important stance to take against the erosion
of basic principles of human dignity and human rights inherent to the UN
charter, Geneva Convention, UNDHR, and the like.

However, I do not like it when Gonzales' name is conflated with the Abu
Ghraib torture scandal, which I saw as a military culture problem more than
any intentional attempt by members of the administration to re-write the
rules. In fact, Abu Ghraib has been a public relations disaster for Rumsfeld
and Co: an un-intenetioned disaster at that.