[Peace] Main Event report 6-4-05

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 16:45:57 CDT 2005

Remember: we no longer demonstrate on the first
Saturday of every month on North Prospect.  Now we
demonstrate on the first Saturday of every month at
One Main Plaza in downtown Champaign, corner of Neil
and Main, just south of Doxology Lane, 2-4 PM.

This Saturday about 30-odd of us had a good protest at
One Main.  Responses from passersby were
overwhelmingly positive, glad to see us, expressing
sympathy, etc.  WE gave out lots of leaflets (ran out,
in fact).  I think we were universally agreed that
this is an excellent location and we like it.

One incident: a carload of my elders were passing and
I offered them a leaflet.  Two women in the front
declined adamantly, but a gentleman crammed in the
back with two other women signed that he wanted one.
He rolled down his window and took it, and I noticed
on his shirt collar were embroidered the letters
"VFW".