[Peace] Re: Re:[Peace-discuss] Taste of Champaign????!!!!!

Chas. 'Mark' Bee c-bee1 at itg.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 21 12:52:34 CDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "jencart" <jencart at mycidco.com>
To: <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>; <peace at lists.chambana.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:46 AM
Subject: Re:[Peace-discuss] Taste of Champaign????!!!!!

> There's no way we'll skip this event!  Hold off on the letters to editor/other public accusations for now.  If we've
> already put them in a bad light, it's out there, and Taste has no fear of exposure to encourage them reconsider.
> Schedule a meeting asap..... Our emmissaries should be sweet, unflappable and tenacious..... Let's give the organizers
> the benefit of the doubt, have a replacement application and check in hand, and expect them to assign us space. WEFT
> should do likewise, independent of AWARE.  (What's the excuse they're giving WEFT -- another missing application and
> check??)

  The story is that they have had noise trouble with radio stations, and have limited them to four stations this year.
We know the noise story is at least recurring - last year they tried to cope by not allowing radios in the booths.
Apparently that didn't work.

  I suspect that they are first-come-first-served slots, and that they ended up with the same troublemakers this year.
Time will tell.  =)

  WEFT has pretty much decided to skip it.  It is past our normal PR planning cycle now anyway.  Your situation is
different, it would seem.