[Peace] Women's Day March 8th

Nejan Huvaj hnejan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 10:24:23 CST 2005

On March 8th (World Women’s Day), Tuesday, at 6 pm, Amnesty
International Student Chapter has an event. It will take place in 180
Bevier Hall (on South Goodwin Street), we have two speakers: Manisha
Desai (Associate Professor of Sociology, and Women And Gender In
Global Perspectives Program) and Faranak Miraftab (Assistant
Professor of Urban and Regional Planning, and Gender and
Women's Studies Program). Manisha will speak on "Women’s
Activism in the Context of Globalization” and Faranak’s talk
is entitled "Feminist Praxis and Grassroots Movements for
Shelter: Perspectives from the Global South". We organized
this event together with Illinois Student Council on Family
Relations and our Co-sponsors are: University YMCA, Gender
and Women's Studies Program, National Organization for Women
at UIUC, Women and Gender in Global Perspectives Program,
Department of Anthropology, Feminist Majority, Men Against
Sexual Violence, Student Peace Action, Progressive Resource
Action Cooperative, Muslim Students Association, League of
Women Voters of Champaign County Student Section.
If you have any questions or want to see the flyer, please email to
hnejan at yahoo.com