[Peace] Postcard to Obama.

Morton K.Brussel brussel4 at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 7 12:03:57 CST 2005

The following is an attempt to produce a postcard for folks to send to
Obama, to be available at our March 19 observance of 2 years of war on
Iraq. Suggestions are sollicited.  --mkb

Dear Senator Obama:

Please add your voice to the swelling chorus of those who ask the U.S.
to withdraw its forces from Iraq now.

We have decimated Iraq and yet are unable to control events there. It
is a quagmire.

Our moral obligation does not mean imposing our will on the Iraq people.

Some argue that withdrawal from Iraq may result in: civil war,
interference by neighboring states, an Islamic government, division of
the nation. But such possibilities are engendered by U.S. behavior.
There can be no true democracy in Iraq under an American boot; we must
let the Iraqi people find their own way.

Withdrawal from Iraq will eliminate casualties, halt the destruction of
Iraqi society, diminish terrorism, conserve financial resources, and
improve America’s standing in the eyes of the world, especially if we
provide reparations for rebuilding Iraq.

Our faith that you would be a progressive  acting to stop the
aggression on Iraq has been shaken by your inauspicious approval of our
Secretary of State, statements supporting the continued occupation, and
your alignment with the Democratic Leadership Council. Restore our
faith!

Sincerely,